Friday, January 8, 2010

New Sewing Studio



Well my husband has finally convinced me to move my messy work space into the spare room in the basement, so today he and the two boys are tearing out half a wall to make a window so I can still watch the kids play while I work. The lighting really sucks in this room so we will have to add some but other than that it should be great. We are on a tight budget with this project so we are doing it as inexpensive as possible. My brother in-law is doing a reno on his basement and had two 6 foot pieces of counter top that are in great shape that we salvaged to put in along two of the walls. Eventually there will be a peg board wall and 8 foot shelving to store all my fabrics, notions, patterns and yarn. My dream is to have one wall with racks to display/store all my finished products since I have people popping in from time to time that wants to see everything this way it will be ready and waiting! Stay tuned for photos and upadates!



No comments:

Post a Comment